Know that you have brainstormed all the questions you have about college choose a few of your most important questions and list them on your KWL chart. Using the list of colleges given to you choose 3 to 5 to visit at the college fair and ask your questions. Write what you learned on the KWL chart.
Reflective Writing Assignment ~
1. Please write up the questions you asked and the responses you received.
2. Please write about the college fair ~ what you enjoyed about it and what you would change.
3. Please write about the process we used to come up with your questions for the recruiters and how
you felt about doing this project.
REMINDER: The College Fair is Tuesday Sept 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I asked six questions at the college fair.
ReplyDelete1.How much money a year does it cost to attend your school? Castleton,Johnson and PSU were all about the same around $18,000 per year where as Franklin Pierce is $41,000 per year.
2.Is there any help if you start struggling? All the schools had tutoring services and advisors to help you.
3.How long are classes generally?
Castleton and Franklin Pierce were all about the same with 3hr. classes 2 or 3 days a week.
4.Can you major in two things at the same time?
Castleton,Franklin Pierce, Johnson and PSU all said yes.
5.What is the deadline to apply?
They all had rolling admissions
6.What if you don't know what you want to do?
Castleton,Franklin Pierce and PSU allow you to go undecided your first year.
I enjoyed the college fair because I knew right away what colleges I wanted to look at and what I wanted to ask them.I don't think I would change anything.
The way we found the questions we wanted to ask was by brainstorming questions as a class. I also came up with some questions on my own that I wanted to know. I felt like doing this project was good for us so we could actually get some information out of the college fair.
1. Will there be classes every day during the week?
ReplyDelete2. Will there be classes on the weekend?
3. How big are the class sizes?
CCV- 1. No, there are only classes one day a week.
2. No, there are no weekend classes but if you choose to do it online you may.
3. The class sizes are very small. There are ten to twelve students in a class.
Lyndon- 1. No, there are only classes one day a week or three days a week. Whatever one you choose.
2. No, there are no classes on the weekend.
3. The class sizes are small. There is about seventeen in each class.
Eastern Maine Community College- 1. No, there are not classes every day during the week.
2. No, there are no classes on the weekend.
3. Class sizes are fairly small. About fifteen to twenty students per class.
2. The college fair was okay. I liked the fact that some college representives would be really helpful and try to help you find the best fit for you by what you were looking for in a college but some of them didn't want to talk to you at all.
3. We found questions by first brainstorming in groups and then coming up with the questions that we wanted to know on our own. I think it was good because it made us ask questions to different colleges.
Makayla Perkins
I didn't write anything on a piece of paper for the college fair and i don't really remember all that I asked and the few things that i remember is that i asked like are there co ed dorms and how much it will cost to go to this college and things like that and the colleges i didnt know whether they had the things i wanted to go for i asked them..
ReplyDeleteI liked the college fair because the people that i talked to there were very nice and welcoming they answered all the questions that i was wondering and a little story that i thught was funny at one of the colleges i went to i filled out something and put my phone number on it..and like 10 minutes later they called me and they called until i picked up they wanted to know if i had any questions or if i wanted to tour the school so i think that they are sufficient about things and i like that.
i dont think that i would change anything about it i think that it is just fine the way it is the only thing that i didnt like about it was that there were kids that were in 7th grade that were there and i didnt like it because i dont think that it was necessary but yeah i liked it
CHEYENNE WRIGLEY:)