Not all students are as fortunate as you to study child development before having a child or working with children. For instance your parents, grandparents and other adult aquaintances may have acquired knowledge about parenting and child development from other sources such as their parents, books, and peers.
Ask your parents, grandparents and others where they got information about caring for a child and child development, how did they learn about caring for children. You may also want to ask them about what changes they have seen in how parents raise their children. What brought about these changes?
You will also be asked to post this on CCV moodle as well so you should write up your answers in either word or google docs share it with me and paste it to moodle ( you should only need to do the write up once!)
Write down your questions and their answers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I talked to my mom and asked her several questions about how she learned to care for me.
ReplyDelete1) How did you learn about caring for children?
I babysat my little brother for many years. I took Human Services at Riverbend Career and Technical Center. I used trial and error for some things. I also asked my mom for help from time to time.
2) What changes have you seen in how parents raise their children?
Now people are trying to raise theirs kids organically to keep them healthier.
3) What do you think brought about these changes?
People are more aware of the dangers of chemicals being put in our bodies.
I talked to my mom about how she learned to care for her children. She said that she learned from her mom and grandmother. She also said she had many brothers so watching her parents raise them helped too.
ReplyDeleteMakayla Perkins