Thursday, September 29, 2011

Events from Childhood ~

Review Urie Brofenbrenner's chronosystem theory then discuss an important event from your childhood (discribe the event to us). What age were you when the event took place?  How did the event affect you?  How might the impact of the event changed if you were 5 years older or younger?

** CCV PARTICIPANTS ~ This question will also be a CCV post so you should copy and paste your answer in the moodle portal and comment on 2 others.

4 comments:

  1. When I was in sixth grade a couple of days after Christmas my uncle committed suicide. This event affected me by seeing what my father, grandmother and everyone else was going through. It also affected me because I was so close to him because he lived right beside me and we spent a lot of time together and it was hard for me to understand. If I was five years older it may be harder because I would have more years to become closer with him and spend more time with him and I would remember that night more vividly then I do already. On the other hand it may be easier to understand WHY.

    Makayla Perkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had multiple events that have effected my life, but I think the most effective event was when my parents got divorced when I was 10. It effected me in many different ways from just acting differently around people to learning to do things on my own for the very first time, because I had to. Just the fact that me thinking that we weren't going to be a family anymore made my life hell. It was such a shock for my family to break up because I never saw my parents fighting or yelling infront of us kids. Which made it easier for us not to see things like that but it also made it harder when they told us that they were breaking up because we didn't think there was a reason for it. If I were older it probably would have been worse, it effected me enough at age 10 but I think that if I was older and I knew more about it and what it really does. It would have made it worse. I would have loved to be 5 years younger because then I wouldn't really know what was going on. Like my siblings were younger than me and didn't really have a clue what was going on they just saw that people were upset. But looking back now they don't remember the day they told us, like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One event that had a huge effect on my life when i was younger was when my best friend died from cancer. I was in 4th grade and only 9 years old when they told us that Marshall had a brain tumor and they didn't know what would happen, and the worse part was seeing him not be able to play sports or even come to school, and soon that changed to not being able to see him at all. I was 10 years old and it was a normal day at school but once it go to recess and they gave us an extra 30 minutes everyone knew something was wrong, and we were right the teachers sat us all down together people still laughing from recess and they told us that Marshall had passed away. It was silent for a few seconds and then all you could hear were the sniffles coming from all over the room but the only thing i could hear over and over again was that he was had passed away. Alot of people don't know this but i went and saw Marshall maybe a week before he passed away and we had coffee ice cream together, and since that day i still haven't eaten coffee ice cream. If i was 5 i feel like i wouldn't have understood what was going and it would not be with me like it still is today, everytime i see a picture of him or i know it's the anniversary of his death i get this feeling of loss and sadness but if i was 5 i believe i wouldn't still get that feeling
    ~Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. An event that has happened to me in my life was that I moved in with my grammie about 3 years ago. the reason is because my step mom and I never got along and always argued but now that I live with my gram. My stepmom and I have a better relationship. If this would have happened five years before I dont think that I would be the same person I am today because I went through a lot with my step mom to get where i am today so i wouldnt want it to be any other way.
    cheyenne Wrigley

    ReplyDelete