How do you feel about Maslow's theory of needs?
Do you agree that one cannot pursue up to the next level without fulfilling the previous level?
Why do you feel that the needs are placed in this order? Do you agree? why?
How can this knowledge help the work we do with people?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel that Maslow's theory of needs is correct and a good observation.
ReplyDeleteIn a way I do agree that one cannot pursue up to the next level without fulfulling the previous level because some people can not have self actualization if they do not fell they have physioligical needs. And some people cant love or feel like they can be loved if they don't have esteem.
I honestly don't know why the needs are placed in the order they are. I believe that all these needs are important to the same level.
This knowledge can help the work we do with people so we can see what they lack in life and try to help them change that if they want to.
Makayla Perkins
I do think that Maslow has a very good point in what he has written about. I don't think that you are able to move from one level to the 3rd level without having to go through all of the other steps TO AN EXTENT. Like if you were were to go through the love stange and then go to self actualization I think that you are able to do that. But i don't think that you are able to go from safty to self actualization becasue theres no way that you will know who you are or who you will be without going through all of the other steps. I think that all of these steps help us as "human servicees" because in our everyday job we help people whether it'd be little kids to elderly adults, understand what these steps mean and how they help us grow and realize howe we use these steps in out everyday life.
ReplyDeleteCaitlyn Pippin
I think that Maslow's theory is right. It is really hard to reach self-actualization and you continue your whole life trying to reach it. I believe that you can not possibly move onto the nest step to you fill the previous one. I believe that these needs are in this order because it is the order in which you learn each need. I do agree with this order. This knowledge will help me to get the people I'm working with to self-actualization, or at least help them get to where they should be at that stage of their lives.
ReplyDelete1.I believe in the theory of needs the way it is set up. You need to have one to get the other. Maslow's theory of needs is realistic because we all need them in order to reach our full potential.
ReplyDelete2.I believe that you cannot pursue to the next level without fufilling the level before.It's a serious of steps.
3.I feel the needs are placed in the order because you need the physiological needs because you need to take care of yourself and eat beford you can do anything else.You need to feel safe wherever you are before you can try new things like building relationships.You need to build trusting safe relationships before you can have esteem.You need each one before you can have self actualization.
4.This knowledge can help others work with people because they need this knowledge to understand why people act the way they do and it brings an understanding that people are at different levels at different times in their life.
I think that maslows theory is correct, i think that it takes a while to reach level to level but i think when u get to them that it is a big accomplishment.
ReplyDeleteI do agree with the oder of his needs are in a good order i mean they must be in that oder for a certain reason so i dont think i would change it i like it the way it is...
this knowledge can help the work we do with peoplle and it can help me help people get to self actulization.
CHEYENNE WRIGLEY :)
I think that Maslows theory is correct. I agree I think that it takes time to go through every step and thats what your built by. If you didn't go through all the stages and skiped some you wouldn't know who you are in life or where you stand.I think that the needs can be placed in different orders for different people like maybe love is more important to someone then esteem is. So I don't know why they are placed in a certain order.I think this will help us get to know them and help us understand what everybody is going through and how everybody goes through different stages at different times in their lives.
ReplyDeleteHow do you feel about Maslow's theory of needs? I think he has a good and understandable grasp on the human needs and emotion.
ReplyDeleteDo you agree that one cannot pursue up to the next level without fulfilling the previous level? I do not agree, I think you can jump levels and come down from a level. I do think you have to go trhough each one at some point though.
Why do you feel that the needs are placed in this order? Do you agree? why? I feel they are orderd from least to most important and i agree in the order.
How can this knowledge help the work we do with people? We can get a sense of personality and strengths and weeknesses in people.
-Zachary.
I feel that Maslow's theory of of needs is correct and that it makes complete sense what he was talking about, but you can skip levels you don't have to go through all of them in order i think you could skip a few levels to get to a different one. Example: Physiological you could skip safety and just find love and then end up going back and having safety. I feel that the needs are placed in this order from what MAslow saw as the most important as a base to the least important as the top. I do agree becasue for basic living you need your physilological needs met. This knowledge can help to give you a sense of where a person may be on the level and it could help you to help them more.
ReplyDelete-Jackie
No, I dont think they all go in order. Wish you could have put up the diagram so we can refer to it easily!!
ReplyDelete-Jack @ human services software