Monday, October 31, 2011

Chapter 3 ~ Infants and Children

Please do notes and terms for Chapter 3.  Once you have review the chapter and taken notes please answer the following questions.
1. Why is the period of the embryo regarded as the most dramatic prenatal phase?  Why is the period of the the fetus called the "growth and finishing" phase?
2. Senario ~ Your friend Amber is two months pregnant, she wonders how the embryo is being fed and what parts of the baby have formed. "I don't look pregnant yet, so does that mean not much development has taken place?" she asks.  How do you respond to Amber's questions?
3. Senario ~ It is your job to promote healthy prenatal development what three environmental influences would you publicize to educate expecting parents and why?
4. List psychological factors during pregnancy that predict parenting effectiveness after childbirth.
5. Reflect ~ As you are nearing adulthood reflect on how you see your parents and their parenting.  Are they loving, caring parents, or cold and distant?  Are they stearn and unfair, to they treat you with respect?  What kind a parent do you want to be?  What is important for you to provide for your children? Explain.

4 comments:

  1. 1.The embryo is regarded as the most dramatic prenatal phase because the cells are dividing and multiplying as a fast pace.
    2.even though you dont look pregnant your baby is formed and has buds for arms and legs and has a heart beat.
    3. Don't drink, smoke,or do drugs,eat a well balenced diet.
    4.your tired alot because you don't have as much time, you have lots of appointments.
    5.My mother was loving and caring ,and Firm with discipline when we were little and I am pretty much the same way. Ashley Baribeau

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.The period of the embryo is the most dramatic stage of growth, compared to the period of the zygote and the fetus stage, because during the embryo stage the embryo is just staring to grow and develop everything like their ears, brain, heart, things like that. Once the embryo is in the fetus stage no other parts start to develop, all of the parts that have already been there and they are just finishing developing
    2. Its not that the babys not being fed, its just that its in the developing stages right now, so all the important things are developing, like the heart, lungs, brain etc, things like that. Once the baby gets to the fetus stage then the "growth" will take place the baby will finish developing and get bigger.
    3. Three influences:
    ~Don't smoke while being pregnant
    ~Don't drink while being pregnant
    ~Stay away from drugs
    ~Stay healthy, keep a good diet
    4.Going to prenatal appointments, not doing certain things that effect the child growing abilities. Things like that
    5.I do think that my parents are great parents. I think that some of their desitions now that i am older i think that some of their desitions weren't so great and they have taught me things that I won't do when I become a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Because lots of changes occur at this time and it is the most dangerous stage because you can have a miscarriage more likely in this stage. Because this stage lasts until the end of the pregnancy and all the growing is finishing.
    2. A lot of development is actually taking place right now. The body parts and the system of the baby is developing.
    3. 1. Don't smoke, do drugs, or drink
    4. Knowing right from wrong when pregnant. Not doing anything to affect the baby's growth and making sure you have check ups when needed.
    5. As I think about it my parents are loving and caring parents but I feel that over the years they have given me too much leeway. I feel that they let me get away with a lot of things I shouldn't have and took away punishments when they should have kept them. As a parent I want to be firm and have rules and boundaries but I also want to be loving and caring like my parents are and have been with me. I hope that I can put my foot down more with my children when it comes to behavior problems so maybe they will be less likely to push their limits all the time.

    Makayla Perkins

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.Why is the period of the embryo regarded as the most dramatic prenatal phase? Why is the period of the the fetus called the "growth and finishing" phase?
    A- because there are a lot of changes that occur through this time the baby grow such as the brain ears hand feet things like that. and during the finishing stage they are finishing up at the end of the pregnancy and everything is finishing up growing.
    2. Senario ~ Your friend Amber is two months pregnant, she wonders how the embryo is being fed and what parts of the baby have formed. "I don't look pregnant yet, so does that mean not much development has taken place?" she asks. How do you respond to Amber's questions?
    A- even though it doesnt seem like it is growing very well but in fact it is.. the baby is developing its system even though you arent showing dont worry it is there.
    3. dont smoke
    dont do drug dont drink dont do stupid things that will harm it in any way.
    4.List psychological factors during pregnancy that predict parenting effectiveness after childbirth.
    A- going to the doctors, going to classes taking the pills that help the baby.. and not doing any thing that can effect the baby.
    5.Reflect ~ As you are nearing adulthood reflect on how you see your parents and their parenting. Are they loving, caring parents, or cold and distant? Are they stearn and unfair, to they treat you with respect? What kind a parent do you want to be? What is important for you to provide for your children? Explain
    A- as i think about it my parents i would say that theuy are well one of them he is kinda loveing and caring to a point my mom she is none of the above and she is very dissapointing well anyways. I want to be a great parent caring loving and I want to be a parent that I never had while growing up I want to treat my kids the way that I would want to be treated at there age.
    Cheyenne Wrigley

    ReplyDelete