Now that we have visited a Montessori, Waldorf, and a public elementary school (last year) please compare and contrast the three. Talk about how you felt in each place, comfort level, etc. What did you notice about how each place was set up, decor, paint, etc..?
What did you enjoy the most from each place? What did you like the least about each?
In your own teaching what would you take from each of the styles of teaching you saw to enhance your own teaching?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My favorite school was the Montessori School. I liked how they were very hands on and the kids were very independent but could ask for help when needed. I thought the school was very positive with their students. I thought it was a little different but similar to WTG. I thougt the Waldorf school was based around good things. I liked how the children learned wood working and knitting. I like how they practice things so much that they are so good at them like writing. I liked how they learned German. I thought the school was a little too old fashioned however. It made me feel like the kids that go there and then go to a public high school would be in for a rude awakening. The teachers were all dressed kind of old fashioned. I went to Waits River Valley School last year and I liked it there very much. I think WRVS and the Montessori school are similar in the fact that they are very positive with their students. I think the Montessori and Waldorf school are very similar in that they let children take there time to finish things. They do not get rushed. I would not want to attend the Waldorf school because I don't like how they sit and get lectured for two hours in some of the classes. I thought about maybe looking into teaching at a Montessori school because I loved in when I went there. All the kids made me feel so comfortable and it was so easy to help them. I usually don't get that feeling when I get put into a childcare setting that quick.
ReplyDeleteAt the Montessori school I felt like the children were very self-dependent. They didn't have to ask the teacher for help if they made a mess at all. They cleaned their own messes. The teachers never had to say no or don't do that. The Waldorf school students seemed very well rounded. They learned a lot of things from all different teaching methods. The students seemed very well behaved and very well rounded. At Waits River the students seemed very dependent on the teachers. They ask the teachers a lot of questions and do not use their time in a good manner. They have time to do their work but they tend to slack off or try to get out of it. At the Montessori and Waldorf school the students used their time efficiently and seemed to like learning new things. The Montessori school seemed like a really good school and I didn't find anything I didn't like. At the Waldorf school it seemed like the kids were being pushed really hard to do things they didn't want to do. At Waits River The kids were not being challenged enough so that they were getting bored. In my own teaching I would like to teach the kids to be morre independent like the Montessori kids were. I also would like to help the kids to be well rounded like the kids at the Waldorf school.
ReplyDeleteAt the Montessori school I liked it to a point because I feel like the kids are kinda independant and they do what they want I also feel like they dont work on many things, I think that they only focus on one thing that they are good at and they do that. One thing that I really was surprised about is that the kids like to do everything thereself and they like to clean up after thereselves I would say that they are very independant
ReplyDeletecheyenne
Waldorf school student they seem like they were focusing on what they werent good at and improoving what they arent bad at I think that teh waldorf school is better personally because they focus on more than one think and honestly most of the students there are probably smarter than a typical 9th grade high school student that havnt went to a waldorf school I really like this school. I think that we should incorperate the waldorf abilities into the lives of regular schoolers because I like that school.
I really enjoyed this feildtrip. I really liked both schools that we went to visit. I really liked the Montessori school because it made the kids more independant even at that young of an age they still were doing most of the things on their own. I also like the Waldorf school aswell though because I thought that it was also a very good structure for the kids and had a lot of good rules and things like that. I do think that it would be hard for a child that had gone through elementary school at a Waldorf school will be hard for them to transfer to a rigular highschool.
ReplyDelete