Thinking about parents: what role should father's perform? Please be very specific. Think in terms of pregnancy, childbirth and raising infants and toddlers. Give several examples of what a dad should do as well as examples of dad's who parent well.
****This is also for CCV. Comment on at least 3 entries by other students on the ccv moodle thread.*****
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
During the pregnancy the father should be supportive of the mother and be there for her all through out her pregnancy,he also should take classes with her to prepare for childbirth. Also by helping her get the child's room decorated and safe for the baby as it grows.
ReplyDeleteWhen it is time for childbirth, the father should be present to help and support the mother throughout the process, and to handle any other issues.
The father should take an active role in supporting the mother as the baby requires a lot of attention often for what seems to be 24 hours a day. The stress should be shared as much as possible to avoid postpartum problems and communication between the parents is crucial.
As the child grows they will develop a personality that will be shaped by the interaction of it with it's parents and may favor either for a variety of reasons. The father needs to fill the active male role in the household and still support the mother with both caring for the child and housework. Ashley Baribeau
A dad is just as an important role in a childs life as a mother. During the pregnancy he should be there for the mother and be her partner if she takes birthing classes. He should be in the delivery room holding her hand and there every step of the way. He should have an important role in naming the child as well. When the baby is an infant the father should wake up in the night with him or her, bathe the child, feed the child if the mother isn't breast feeding and just hold and bond with the baby. As the baby turns into a toddler and is even older the father should be there every step of the way. He should be there for their first day of school and for their first everything. I believe a mother is no more important role in a childs life then the father.
ReplyDeleteMakayla Perkins
I think that parents, father or mother, have the same amount of responsibility with their kids. I think that a father is just as important in a childs like that a mother is. I think that is it a huge stereotype that fathers don't do as much or don't help as much with the kids than the mother does. Because in the olden days that was what happened. The mothers helped with the kids and the fathers worked, I think that is the reason why people think that fathers aren't involved as much. I feel as though dads should do as much as they can or should, like the mother does. Sometimes it can be the other way around and the father is more involved than the mother is, so it really goes both ways.
ReplyDeleteDuring the pregnancy I think that the dad should be supposrtive and accept the mood changes and things that come along with the mother. I think that the father should maybe take classes throughout the pregnancy so that he can learn things and understand that the pregnancy isnt a easy thing to go through. I think that the Dad should have just as enough responsibility as the mother does, it should be equalled out because they both had the child and they are both the parents of the child. I think that as the child grows the dad should keep that responsibility and help with the child such as feeding bathing playing and just having a bond with them.
ReplyDeleteCheyenne Wrigley