Pick one of the books you discussed last week. How would you enhance your use of this book by adding 2 or more music/dance/movement activities. Keep in mind the "creativity" aspect. If your book is about farms it is not creative singing "Old MacDonald Had a Farm". Let your imagination run amok and let's hear some great ideas. Discuss your ideas with other students.
Read Chapter 5: "Engaging Children in Music,Movement, and Dance" Notes and terms.
Answer questions 3 and 4 on page 192. See below:
3. An administrator observes the children briefly during your lesson, then asks, "Why are they having
music during social studies?" How would you respond? Why?
4. If money were available through the budget, a donation, or a small grant, what music, movement,
and dance materials would you purchase for students at various ages and stages? Why?
Work on Portfolio once above assignments are done.
Monday, April 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3. I would respond by saying that children need music in their lesson plans and their study of curriculum during the school day because music helps children learn on a different level. There are many children that "get" something when their is music or movement incorporated into their school day.
ReplyDelete4. If money were available I would purchase cd's that went along with the different lessons we were doing. For example I would find a cd for math, science, social studies etc. If we were learning about a certain culture I would find similiar instruments or similar music that they listen to or use on a daily basis.
Makayla Perkins
3. I am using music during my social studies lesson because it helps children learn the information in a different way. All children learn in different ways and using music during this lesson can help children learn the information in a way that works for them.
ReplyDelete4.If money were available, I would purchase cds first off because they can be helpful for any age. I would purchase mats for the classroom so the children could dance safely. Honestly though, I don't know how I would spend a lot of the money because most activities that involve music,movement and dance don't cost very much at all. I might purchase boomwackers because they are useful for any age. I might even purchase arts and crafts materials so that the children could design costumes and different things for when they dance.
3. I would say that every child learns differently. Some children learn through reading in a text book while others learn by getting up and doing things. Having a song helps some kids learn better. It may also help the kids to focus more. They will get their wiggles out and then be set and ready to listen to the teachers.
ReplyDelete4. I would get rain sticks for the infants because they are really easy to use and make noise with. This would help them with learning to move their arms and hands. I would also get drums for the infants up to the preschoolers. The drums would make it so the kids had something they could hit but still have fun with. I would get symbols for the toddlers because the toddlers like to clap their hands and thats how symbols are used. I would also get boom wackers for the kids to use. They could use them to write their own songs.
3. An administrator observes the children briefly during your lesson, then asks, "Why are they having
ReplyDeletemusic during social studies?" How would you respond? Why?
I would respond as " because this is my lesson plan and that is what I have the kids doing. I would also tell them that by doing music it is making it fun for them to do and if I can rhyme some things together it would help the children remember it even more."
4. If money were available through the budget, a donation, or a small grant, what music, movement,
and dance materials would you purchase for students at various ages and stages? Why?
For infants I would buy those cloth toys with shakers "rattles" because its easy for them to play with and gives them a different and fun sound to here. For toddlers I would buy hermonicas, clappers and maraca's for them to play with and we could sing songs and incorperate the music with them. For preschoolers I would buy the materials to make rain sticks with the kids to put an art aspect to make music.
-Zachary
3. An administrator observes the children briefly during your lesson, then asks, "Why are they having music during social studies?" How would you respond? Why?
ReplyDeleteI would respond we are having music during the lesson because it is a good creative and fun way for kids to learn new facts and remember them. Many gets actually can get something when music and other activities are incorporated into lesson plans.
4. If money were available through the budget, a donation, or a small grant, what music, movement, and dance materials would you purchase for students at various ages and stages? Why?
If money were available i would first go out and buy CDs that connected to each of the different things being taught. I would also purchase a wide variety of instruments for the children to use because kids of all ages can use many different instruments.
~Jackie
3.If anyone ask's I would tell them that having music playing when the children are workingon class work is not only benefical but it a fun way for them to learn.
ReplyDelete4.If money was available I would have the kids pick out at least three of their favorite songs and then have them come up whith a movement for the songs they picked, kind of like what we did in class. Ashley
3.3. An administrator observes the children briefly during your lesson, then asks, "Why are they having
ReplyDeletemusic during social studies?" How would you respond? Why?
I would say we are having music during this because it is a good way to incorperate it into the school day because I think that children get it more when they are having fun and all that.
4.If money were available through the budget, a donation, or a small grant, what music, movement,
and dance materials would you purchase for students at various ages and stages? Why
If money were available i would go buy a bunch of CDs and then i would get some of those fake claranet flute things and have them play and we could incoperate a bunch of songs with them.
Cheyenne Wrigley