Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Research & Interview Assignment

     Research Assignment
Gather 3 pieces of children's art, ask the children at least 3 open-ended questions about their art.  Attach  the questions and answers to the actual pieces of art or take a picture of the art and attach the
questions and answers to the pictures.  Keep in mind that the art does not have to be all one dimensional.

    Interview Assignment

Ask some parents/or other adults what they think about having art as a part of a school's curriculum.
Make sure you use open-ended questions.  Tell us about their answers and then tell us how you would explain to parents how important visual arts are to learning.


** List questions you asked and their answers and then follow up with how you will educate parents on the importance of visual arts in learning.*

4 comments:

  1. I spoke to my mother about art classes in schools. I asked her what she thought of art classes in schools. She said that she thought they were a good idea because it gives the kids a way to express themselves and use theuir creativity. Although she thinks art classes are a good thing she also thinks that many art teachers tend to stomp childrens creativity by telling them certain ways they have to do things and making them use certain techniques instead of letting them do things their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby Salomaa
    3/2/2012


    I asked to people what they thought about having art as a part of a school’s curriculum. The first person said they thought it was important for children to learn the techniques used in art. The second person I asked said they thought learning art was important because children need to learn how to emphasize their creativity. The second person said that they thought it was mandatory for children in elementary school to take an art class but they didn’t think it was necessary in middle school and high school. I asked her why she didn’t think it was mandatory in middle school and high school and she said by the time people are at that age they develop their own talents and can decide for themselves if they want to do an art class. I would explain that visual arts are important because they are a way of letting children express their creativity and their feelings without feeling that they have to do it in some perfect way. I mean art isn’t an exact science, children can make art however they want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked my step mom about what she thinks about engaging art in a schools curriculum and her point was very strong. She thought that having art in childrens everyday life is extremely important. She said that when her twins get to school she would hope that art class is something that everyone had to take. She asked me about how it is in highschool refering to the art classes there. I told her that once you get to highschool art class is not manditory but i still think that it would be good for everyone to take. She agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I asked a few people what they thought about having art as a part of a school's curriculum. They said that they thought it is very important to have art in schools. They said that when kids are growing up that it is good for them to show their creativity through art and create what they desire. They also said that they should have to take art while you are in elementary school and in middle school but when you are in high school it should be your own choice if you want to take a art. Because by the time you get to high school you learn and have an idea of what you like to do and you should be able to choose the classes you want.

    ReplyDelete