Please watch the video link and do a written reflection. http://www.elvisduran.com/pages/whatwetalkedabout.html?feed=136656&article=9468797
Due Dec. 14,2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to Human Services! This year you will learn about human development from teens to gerontology. You will learn the skills you need to assist people through as they develop while being encouraging and supportive of their individual needs. You will explore a variety of career options related to Human Services.
I personally know what this kid is going through because I get bullied every day over at Oxbow ever since seventh grade. Sometimes it help's to tell someone when it first starts happening but for some reason you Don't want to, because it just make's it worse. I found this out the hard way that kid on the video probably found this out as well. And as for him cutting himself it's not worth it because when other people find out they make such as big deal over it only because they care.
ReplyDeleteAshley Baribeau
I understand completely how this kid feels!!! I went through the same thing when I was younger. The sad part is that bullying happens just because that's how others make themselves feel better, by making others feel worse about themselves. I myself finally came to the conclusion that I am a good person and shouldn't worry about those type of people because I can feel good about myself without taking other people down in the process. I'm glad the boy looked at positively and said he haid a million reasons to stay here! Besides there are nice people out there! You just have to look for them!
ReplyDeletei honestly can say that I have no clue what jonah is going through I have never been bullied or anything in school.But this is one of the saddest videos ive seen and I have to be honest i cried a bit it soo sad to see that someone is going through something like that and is hurting themselves because of kids being bullies and not knowing what they are doing to the person they are bullying..It just honestly breaks my heart to see a kid as young as that to be going through that and if i knew someone that was getting bullies i would do anything in my power or that I could to help this person. all i have to say is that its sad i dont know what else to say besides that..
ReplyDeleteCheyenne Wrigley
I feel bad for Jonah because no one deserves to be treated that way. From what I saw of him I don't see why people pick on him. He doesn't look fat and he looks like he is clean and everything so I don't understand what these kids problems are. It was weird to see that a boy cuts himself because I have honestley never seen or heard of a boy who cuts themselves. So that was really sad to see. I sort of understand how he feels because I went through some of this and to some extent through all my years of school and I thought that I felt horrible inside but it seems that he is going through a lot worse then I ever did so if I could barely handle it I don't know how he is handling it. I don't understand why kids need to be so mean but I'm proud of this kid saying that he is stronger than that and he has reasons to be here.
ReplyDeleteMakayla Perkins
Through out this video i kept questioning if this story was true. In most ways i think that it was because i dont think that someone would just randomly think of putting a video together like this. I have never been in his position of being bullied to that extent. But by the sounds of it the bullying is pretty bad and this is the only way he can get out that he needs help, and to show people whats happening to him.
ReplyDeleteI feel that no one should be bullied. Jonah is a strong kid and knows that he has a lot more to live for and he shouldn't try to kill himself for a temporary problem. One thing I was wondering throughout the video was if this has been happening since the first grade why hasn't anyone stepped in to try to stop these kids. If I saw bullying of any kind or heard about it I would find some way to help this student. People who bully should feel horrible about themselves and understand what they are doing to the other students. This was one of the saddest things I watched but at the end when he said that he wasn't going anywhere because he had 1 million reasons to be here made me happy.
ReplyDeleteOlivia G-H